Saturday, July 15, 2006

"Splendor" by artjunkgrl


"Splendor" by artjunkgrl, originally uploaded by artjunkgrl.

I made this with a beach girl image from Tracy Roos www.tracyroos.com collage image collection that are available through www.alphastamps.com. The direct link to her images is www.alphastamps.com/tracycollagesheets.html

The background is painted newspaper I prepped while in west virginia visiting my sis. when I am having a block, I just do prep work and paint backgrounds for future collages. This is the first time I tried embossing. it's a lot easier than I thought, pretty straightforward. I'm finding that I want more and more layering in my collages. more "tooth" as they say...anyway, I love vintage beach images! Anyhow, the rest are stickers from dollar store and paper on bottom is from michaels collage pack.
I kinda lost my groove while I was away, but I'm back and trying some new stuff. Hope to get more art done and posted soon! --Lia

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one sassy lady! I love what you've done here. :)

Janet said...

Love that beach gal! Especially her swimsuit. The background is interesting....painted newspaper, huh?

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

nancy--

for the atc's I just put them in an atc plastic sleeve and have them at my desk (I don't have that many). for my tags, I made a paper bag tag album. when that got filled up I started using the little picture album books you get for like $1 at michaels.
I haven't adhered any to a book. If I do a collage in a book, I collage directly into it after painting the paper. I've recently started mounting my collages on small matt boards. then I display them around the house. or on my "studio" shelf...does that answer your question? Oh, I have also used notebooks with page protectors to organize papers and ephemera....

Leah said...

oh, the embossing is so cool! and that's so smart of you to prep backgrounds for collage, I've gotta do more of that. awesome work lia!

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

no problem, ask away anytime, hon!