Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A little something for the trip HOME!

Junk finds...american art feature in antique mag.I came home last night from visiting my Mom. She is out of ICU now. She still feels really yucky. I wish I could have stayed longer. I am back home starting to "dig out" as my sis would say. My hubby and two older kids were on their own for a week....hmmm.....can you guess what my house looks like?? So, I'm a bit busy getting back to "normal" if there is such a thing!

On my way home, I stopped at a fave antique store about an hour out from my sisters on the road home. My girls said, "mommy, we don't mind if you go in there....". Are they total sweethearts or what??!!! Music to my ears. They are SO good in these places. I can't even believe they are since my older 2 would not be "good" now and they are old enough to be...lol....they are my 2 comedians....anyhow, I scored some goodies for under $20 and that included a bag of bracelets for all my girls. they are really liking those colorful bracelets these days...they are back "in". Oh, I feel so old! anyway, I hope to be back to creating and sharing more with my blog "sista's" soon. When the absolute normal chaos pipes down a bit, I will be here more! I have lots of goodies to share with you!! you know that I always have lots going on, even when things are crazy....the creative mind doesn't stop. I can't wait to get in my "studio" (former MUD room...to create!). I plan to do an AB* (Altered Book) for my Mom. I went up to my sisters attic and got some of my mom's old fabrics for it. More on that soon...I see all of you have been a busy bunch too! Life just doesn't stop for a second. I guess Ferris Bueller was right all along....

More to come soon, promise!!! lia (artjunkgrl)

3 comments:

Janet said...

I'm so glad to hear your mom is improving and out of ICU. That must be a relief for you and your family.

I liked your telling of the little ones and the antique store. So sweet. They knew mom needed a little break.

Judy Scott said...

Hi babe such wonderful news, Im so glad you got chance to stop off and find some goodies. Can you tell me what an AB is??????? Ive tried different things but cannot seem to think what it could be he he. Just been on flickr your kids are so gorgeous sooooo beautiful! Look forward to seeing the rest of your art. Loads of love Jude x

thebutterflycollector said...

glad to hear everything is going back to normal!Can't wait to see what you make next, I'm off to check out your flickr site, haven't visited for a while, there might be some wonderful artworks I haven't seen yet? Until next time, Save Ferris!