Thursday, June 29, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge: PopART:"Lia-Lyn"

I would like to state the following disclaimer regarding the above "pop art" photo.

1. I was going to skip this week's challenge, which was to go a step further with the Pop art (see the SelfPortraitChallenge website for more details). The reason I was going to "skip" my weekly routine is that I don't have digital software that can manipulate the pics as I have seen on the site and other places. As a result, I spend too much time cursing at my computer, trying to get it to do what it won't and wanting to go do something else...BUT, I persevered and....

2. This is the last week, so I figured, what the heck, I'll give it another go....SO, I learned that I STILL really don't like doing digital photography art. I will stick with glue on my hands and paint on my pajamas and limit my digital art enjoyment to oooing and ahhhing over my latest digital scrapbooking magazine knowing that I don't have that kind of time or patience.

3. I am a great fan of Marilyn Monroe. I really believe she was the most beautiful woman ever. After manipulating her photo and seeing it even closer, I was still in AWE. I also was humbled by the beauty emanating from her photos and was utterly astounded by how incredible homely an goobery looking I am. I thought my features resembled that of a four legged species instead of a glamour girl such as Marilyn.

4. It made me think, hmmmm...maybe I should wear more mascara and kinda do the "half-eyelid open" kind thing more often, "hi, honeeeey, glad your hOme..", he would look and me and say, "have you been sleeping?"...

5. I also thought, sheesh, I really need to get my homebody self off the friggin computer and get some junk done around here.....I've been approached way too many time by "mommy...are you there?" (glazed look in my eyes, no response)...another reason for staying away from digitally manipulating pics for 3000 hours....

6. So where was I, oh yeah, is this challenge over yet already?

So, Marilyn, I'm sorry I merged my face with you, ...but even a little girl like me needs a side glimpse of glamour every now and then.....

LK

4 comments:

Judy Scott said...

Hey babe youre way more beautiful. Love what youve done its fabulous I dont mind playing with the computer and then when I get to sew again I always think why dont I do this more often.. Im rambling sorry. Love your work - when are you doing more junk mail with the kids, Ill bring mine over and we can all play. I call it doing a Lia, hehehe, your famous in our lil house. Off to bed now its late, check by tomorrow, hugs Jx

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

awww, judy!! you made my day! it's funny...doing a "lia"....You are so cute...I'm so glad you are painting the junksie's. I love when you say "lurve", well I luuuurrrve painting stuff, anything. It's so much fun, isn't it? I'll check in with you soon. night night. I'll have to check your blog clock! sweet dreams!

Anonymous said...

great self-portrait!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Tv viewer mac osx Teen girl showing ass