Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday~Vernal Equinox challenge with my sweet daughters flower pickings~


This was fun. Not what I originally set out to do, but that's half the fun! My sweet daughter that's 11 picks me flowers everyday. I made this weeks challenge with flowers I saved in a glass next to the sink where I keep them. She came home today and when I opened the door, she was standing there with a flower again! I excitedly showed her the project and she smiled from ear to ear! :) Thank you Inspire Me Thursday ! LK

Here is my process:

1. First I painted on watercolor paper...got idea from another participant, had not used this type of paper before...I liked the thickness. I love it when I find something I like to paint on! I put on some of my fave music and painted with some of my leftover art journalling paint. (I prepped some of my pages today) anyway, where was I?
2. I grabbed a bunch of the flowers E. had given me this week that were in a glass, dried out and ready to paint. I cut some stems evenly. then I flattened them a bit so I could glue them down. I glued them down using clear decoupage glue. I then gently tried to press down and glue the flowers. I also pressed down a bit to flatten (but not too much). I also tried some gel medium, but even the soft kind was too thick, so I stuck with the decoupage stuff).
3. I drizzled a bit of glue in dots across the top and sprinkled down bits of the flowers (mashing with my fingers while sprinkling). Then I waited a bit for that to dry and lifted it and let whatever excess fall (not alot did thankfully).
5. I sprayed with a glue fixative (actually tried out my photo mounting spray). First I tested some, then sprayed gently. That seemed to hold it all down. Now I think I may frame it!
Have fun creating!I'm really learning alot experimenting and doing something I would not ordinarily try! LK

5 comments:

Teri said...

It is beautiful and so much more meaningful with your daughter's sweet input. I loved that you described your process too. I love to see how things are done.

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

Thanks Teri!

firstborn studio said...

positively precious!

carla said...

Lovely! I was so touched to read your daughter's reaction:>

TheyDHD said...

Oh wow. Isn't it great when our kids get in on the creation process?! *grin* Beautiful work and very original. Thanks for sharing!