Monday, June 19, 2006

Summer Fun!

Summer Chalk drawing by daughter leni

(sidewalk chalk drawing by my daughter Leni)


My Summer "Chillin' Time"


It's summer and I want to play
Keep my to-do lists at bay
For I want to chill with my kids
Drink slurpees and take off the lids

I want to finally say "yes!"
When they ask me to work less
I want to chase down the ice cream truck
And let everything else run amuck

I'll trade in my sneaks for flips
"let's go to the pool" on my lips
I want to hug, kiss and protect
I want to be silly for effect

I want to let go and be free
I want to finally be me.


LK Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Judy Scott said...

Have a wonderful summer hols, Jx

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Love the chalk art. I think you have another artist in the house. Your poem is great and I want all that stuff cause I "heart" summer.
Thanks for your visit and great comment.