Sunday, June 11, 2006

Close up of Corner shelves in Room Re-do

>
Close up of Corner shelves
Originally uploaded by artjunkgrl.

Well, I'm getting there. Here is one "corner" that is almost done. You can see more pics on my flickr, (click on corner to go there).

Here is what I've got left to do and what I've stumbled on....

1. I still have one big wall that is empty and I don't know what I'm doing there yet...but it can wait.

2. This corner is nice on top but there is a lot of junk on the desk I put below it. It's kind of an awkward corner....not sure how this will be organized.

3. Curtain: I bought this laura ashley curtain on ebay last year for my daughters room. I have 2 and they are really pretty and new. The color of the wall is in the curtain exactly, but it is still kinda bugging me. It's a little too flowery or bedroomy.....I've been trying to "use what I have", but I think I'd prefer something else here...will have to go search.

4. Problem: I think this room is looking like a nursery! it's the "mudroom" and I'd like to use it as a studio b/c I need the space, but I'm not feeling the artsy thing here....

5. I need to finish bringing in more art supplies. I did organize the white cabinet so I have room to stash stuff in there.

I'll have to sleep on it tonight. any and all suggestions welcome, and thanks for all the comments!

Apparently, I have more than 5 loyal readers, LOL! I've gotten a few sweet notes. Here is an email I got today from Janet.

+++++++
Lia,

I tried to leave a comment on Art Junk but wasn't able....so I'm trying this method!

You can change the number to 6 loyal readers! I have only recently discovered your blog but I read it regularly now. I'm enjoying your room re-do and love the color you chose.

I have been very lax about leaving comments but I'm trying to do better....I understand their importance now that I have a blog of my own. Sometimes it feels as if I'm writing to myself!

And last, but not least....I like your artwork. I love paper, and think collage is fun but sadly I don't do nearly enough of it. Maybe you will be my inspiration to get busy!

Janet


"Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making something out of it after it is found."
James Russell Lowell

************

Thanks again. More soon, Lia
Vintage Fabric Frames on Newly Painted Wall

1 comment:

Janet said...

Now blogger is working! I'm able to make a comment....yea!

Thank you so much for including my email on your latest post.

The room is looking great. I wish my own craft area looked half as good.