Friday, May 19, 2006

Try it Tuesdays, finished piece for my BOD

Book of Dreams~I finally got around to some coveted time with my Book of Dreams! I worked on the transparency I had decided on: a personal wedding photo printed on fabric paper. Well, I put in in the collage and worked with it over and over and it just didn't look right to me. I didn't like it at all! So, off it went and I went to plan "B" and put these cute little girls in and painted over the ripped out piece, then stamped the word "Dream" on that part. Now I'm happy with it. I just have a hard time trying to make something work. I have really learned what type of art person I am from working on these memes! I am totally random. I like to just throw a bunch of stuff together until I'm happy with it. I get lost in the process of it all. I love LOTs of color. I have also learned that I have a hard time putting my own personal pics in my collages. I don't know why. I love when I see artists using photos of their kids and wish I could do the same. Maybe I have trouble with it because I am experimenting alot and I rip stuff out, or perhaps because I want to be detached from the pieces I'm creating with and get lost in "making up a story" of it's own. I just love old photos, especially "rescuing" them as ArtsyMama mentioned in her tutorial in week 3. Anyway, I am going on and on and I need to go to bed! I have another big day ahead tomorrow in mommy-land. Things are going to be really crazy for a few weeks til my daughter graduates. I can't wait til summer! It will be awesome to have a break from our crazy schedules and do lots and lots of ART! Last summer, my younger daughters and I worked on altered books. They still have them tucked away and I'm bringing them out again! Well, have a great weekend everyone, and I hope to be posting some more stuff soon. I'm trying to get back into the "groove" again! :) Lia
p.s. for more info on making your own "Book of Dreams", visit ArtsyMama's Blog.

6 comments:

Joy Eliz said...

This is very beautiful!
And I agree these Memes really expand my creativity. I love it!

Lita said...

it seems we both have a love of color, bright, majestic...bewildered color! The bigger the better. Your work puts a smile in my heart...beautiful!

Francesca said...

lovely piece of work Lia. All your reworking has given it depth and mystery, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do over summer! :)

Kari said...

I love this. Great work! LOVE the colors:) Thanks for your kind words on my BOD. Hope you're enjoying the challenge.

serendipity said...

just FAB..........definately am going to start one....just too busy looking at everyone elses cool work
ciao joan in italy

Lynnette April Over The Moon said...

Hi Lia, I love what you've done. Its fun to play and experiment. Some times our mistakes are our biggest pleasures. Your inspireing a lot of artist to test new waters. Thats wonderful!!!!!!! Hugs Lynnette April.