Monday, May 01, 2006

my first "art squared" piece. I think I'm becoming obsessed!

My first I've been so intrigued with these little collage pieces I've seen online. I've searched the internet to learn more, more, more. but there is nothing, other than you make it 4" x 4". I love this size to work on. bigger than an atc and it's like a mini work you can frame. I think I'm a little obsessed again! I will post in my dream book tomorrow. I was out this afternoon and evening and was bouncing around ideas on what's next. I came home and did this little collage. I had started before I left today. I am trying some new things. more soon, Lia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i think I will make one too. I like squares. 4 by 4 you say? Hmm...

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

yes, 4 x 4 inches. I think some people also do a bit larger squares. it's whatever you like I suppose, but I also really love the square size! I cut out some heavy background squares on a paper cutter out of junk mail. I used a nice ad that had pretty colors on back. then I worked on top of that. I figured I could experiment on those. It's almost more fun for me to use up things than start with new. anyway, I'm going to make a few more of these soon! It's been crazy in my house lately!