Thursday, April 20, 2006

Home Sweet Home~"I love the 'cottage' look".

Corners of My Home~MantleHere is a small view of my family room mantle (It's reflected in a mirror on an adjacent wall). I painted and distressed the mantle mirror and sconces a few years back when I decided to go to the "cottage" look in my home. (They used to be gold). I wanted more light inside the house and although I love vivid color, I also adore the cremes and whites. I find them so soothing and versatile as you can change your accent colors and everything goes with it! LK

2 comments:

Kari said...

Very cool...love the cottage look as well:) I wanted to let you know about a new project I'm starting on my blog. Of course I would LOVE for you to join, if you're interested. I love your work!!! Check it out out
www.artsymama.blogspot.com

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

hi andrea! I have a few more up in my flickr album. I will post more soon. sometimes it's feast or famine with me...I see something I want to take pics of and it ends up here. sometimes I'm like, "I can't believe I'm going to stop and take this freakin' picture for my blog!" but thank you for your commenting/feedback, you are so personable and kind! --Lia