Monday, March 06, 2006

This is what happens when you put off your Scrapbooking.....

 When I was in school, I was always one to cram for exams. Now I'm cramming, but this time it's different. Today was day two of a "secret meeting" at my scrapbook lovin' friends home. She has agreed to answer my pleas for help. Now, before you start to oooo and ahhh over my first page (if you would, lol), I have to confess. I'm guilty of being the worlds worse memory keeper for my kids. Did I take pictures? Yes. Did I save all there pictures, scribbles, doodles? yes. Did I put them in a scrapbook or album for safekeeping. No. So, why am I so guilty? Because the spread above shows baby pictures of my girl who is now a high school SENIOR. Yes, this was the first spread I did last month. I have 17 more years to cover and my final exam is on June 6th of this year. Where did the years go???? I kept saying, "one day, BUT I have to organize my photo's first." Well, guess what? It was just like my father in law said when Maria was born, "Enjoy it honey, because before you know it they'll be askin' for the car keys". He was right (although I didn't think it at the time). I kept putting it off and here I am. I have an 'F' right now in scrapbooking. I really admire the Mom's who have seen to it that they do this regularly. I hope to suprise her with this at Graduation. No, I will FINISH this book and present it to her on her graduation. I can't let myself do this anymore. Time is flying by...and I don't want to miss another minute....LK Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, then there were the moms oohing and ahing over the stuff in the scrapbook store the other day completely ignoring their kids running aroiund tearing up the place.

I would rather the moms pay attention to the kids than their pictures.

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

LOL. There is alot of wisdom in what you are saying---made me think of the positive...I thoroughly enjoyed taking pics of her happiest, silliest, funniest moments even if I didn't get them in a pretty book. It is certainly not a reflection of a lack of love or caring for her! Thanks for your comment. Both funny and thoughtful! LK

Anonymous said...

Don't feel alone! My youngest is 20 & I'm just now trying to get the photos together to scrapbook! Good luck to you as you "cram for your final" :>)

Lauri said...

You're still ahead of me! Although my oldest is only 11, and not 17...I did start a scrapbook page (my very first, scrapbook page) last August. It's still not finished! At least you got a whole 2 pages done!