Friday, March 10, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday-"Sense-less" Art Challenge

 When I read about this challenge, this is how I interpreted it.

1. The first thing I thought of was "fingerpainting"-getting my hands messy! I remember how much fun it was to do this as a child. I took a blob of an old leftover paint in a color I would not normally use and put it on waxpaper. Then I painted the background. Then I put some yellow for my hand and swirled it around...FUN!

2. I put my handprint down on the page. Ok, so I had to think a little to fit it down on there...I don't have little baby hands anymore, lol.

3. I thought of how the challenge said to quiet myself, "forget about the laundry calling you". That made me think of how repetitive daily life is which led to the words I chose to place on the fingers...my favorite repeats, of course.

4. The rest is up to your interpretation!

It was a challenge to not use my senses, but I honed in on the following criteria-I used colors I stay away from (aqua)
-got hands dirty (normally don't indulge in that, and I still have paint in my nails), LOL...my husband said last night, "look at mommy's nails!"
-had fun and didn't think about a purpose, plan, etc.

Have a great day now! I just love ART. It makes this big kid very happy! LK Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Thanks for the comment on my sense-less entry! This was a fun challenge. I love your handprint. What a fun thing to do....
e

carla said...

I like the way it looks as if the hand is pushing through from the other side of the surface! It's a great image, and i like the words on the fingers...little snippets of daily life. It sounds like you had fun doing this as well..:>>