Saturday, March 25, 2006

Getting Older? poem by artjunkgrl

GETTING OLDER?

I see my morning mirror*

Which tells me of my age*

I glance for just a moment*

For evidence of this phase*


I'm in the car driving*
And pull the mirror down as I sit*
I cannot help but pull the sides*
For my instant 'face lift'*

When I let go*
The lines scrunch back in place*
And I wonder to myself*
How fast time changed my face*

For in my heart I'm but a girl*
Still happy with lifes suprise*
I guess this is also how my mother feels*
And that's what I surmise*

So when I'm back at the mirror for nightly care*
I realize that the girl in me will always be under there.* LK

2 comments:

majamom said...

hI,
mb FROM COLLAGE WITH CLAUDINE.
did you write this poem?
It sure getd to the heart of the aging process. I just dont feel in tune with the numbers anymore
either =)
Namaste,
MB

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

Yes, I wrote the poem. My sis and I have both written poetry since we were young but I think this is the first one I shared online.. It was "one of those weeks", where I saw a glimpse of my forhead and was like, botox anyone? Oh well, I vow to forgo that stuff and grow old naturally like my mommy. LK