Monday, February 06, 2006

Mixed Media Memoirs-"I am ready to stop avoiding...."

Here is a part of my entry for this weeks Mixed Media Memoir. I'm having a great time doing MMM (go to
MixedMediaMemoirsfor a full description). This week I went back to actual journals, as one of the suggestions indicates, and it was a whole new experience. I was not as focussed on making the art as I was on reading and examining what I wrote and looking back on it.*which I believe is the true purpose that Melba intended. I also got to experiment with art journalling which I've always wanted to do and now I have the "jist" of what it's like. It's so much fun to paint over the words and make everything colorful. It was a relaxing and peaceful activity for me today! LK

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I've found rereading my journals very useful as part of the MMM too. I've not tried actually painting over any though... I've been scanning in doodles, putting things together from different times and colouring them in then printing the whole thing out afterwards. Lots of different ways to work. Thanks for explaining yours!