Sunday, June 25, 2006

"try it because...." by artjunkgrl

worked on this little collage last night. Had fun with it. Tried something new. I love putting together collages, it's like doing a puzzle and it is SO relaxing for me. It's definitely my "escape and relax" time!

Items used:
_wallpaper background (from discarded wallpaper books, check your local hardware store. I called once and they were begging me to take them!)
_sewing pattern piece
-vintage image from an vintage sewing magazine
-photo markers (I always use these for the black and white photos to add some light color). If you want to know brand, I will look it up for you.

About the quote: try it because...

try what you say? art, collage, going with the flow, that new dress, a new style, seeing things in more than one way.... you fill in the blank!

Have fun this summer! I'm "trying" to! lol!

--Lia

6 comments:

thebutterflycollector said...

Hi Art Junk Girl, love your new collage, and I love the new ones on flickr too, but was unable to leave some comments there! I am currently locked out of my account(signed out and forgotton password and email etc... I hope they let me back in soon?, I miss my photos & friends)I love using old wallpaper too and have a collection of rolls from second hand stores. A great idea to look for sample books!Be back to visit again soon and I've added you to my blog links list, come and visit!!!

Anonymous said...

your collages is great, I really like the muted colours in this one. I agreee, try because! just do it! :-)

JULIE ♥ ADORE said...

it so nice, a real ART work

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Hi Lia...I love this one...very inspiring!

I linked you today, so I can see more of your artiness then just what's at Flickr! LOL

~Sweetpea

Janet said...

This is just so perfect. The colors. The quote. And the general "feel" of it. I, too, get discontinued wallpaper books. I love them!

Judy Scott said...

Lia its gorgeous, the colours, the composition the whole choice of goodies is amazing. Jx