Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Long Time, No Blog...

From the Desk of ArtJunk~It seems like FOREVER since I've blogged!!! I guess it's only been a week? I dunno, have to check. Blogging has become a sort of routine thing for me. It kind of has a life of it's own. A place I go to share my artwork, meet awesome people with like interests, and stay inspired. But, I found I needed a break from it this past week. Just some time to think "out of the blog" so to speak. I did not do something artful every day, which is not the usual for me as I love to at least keep my art journal daily, but again, it just wasn't happening. My brain was on overload with all else that has been going on in my home and I just felt the need to regroup. There is just so much out there to do and I find it hard to focus and chose what I want to do while maintaining my usual routine with my kids. I noticed that it had been a while since I had just relaxed and cleared my mind of everything, even art. So I took my break and started re-evaluating the time I spend blogging. Then I got some awesome emails from other bloggers and flickr contact that got me excited about coming back. I'm still amazed at how the internet can connect so many kindred spirits. All my life I thought I was different. People would tell me I was "so creative" but my mother often told me I didn't have time to be making costumes and quilting and all the other stuff I liked trying to do. I thought I had too many interests and was not "focussed" and "normal" like my friends who did everything "by the book". Then I started blogging and saw that there are so many creative, artist individuals who also share love of vintage things, reading, photography and all the other things I like. I can't tell you all how comforted this makes me feel. I feel so happy when I am doing my art and sharing it with others. However, I've also found that I cannot just "make something" on demand either. I have to be in the right state of mind. I am not a trained artist. I just make things from my heart, from the feelings/likes/emotions/experiences that I have inside me. This has been tremendously healing for me. I don't think I can ever go back to not having art be a large part of my life.
Well, sorry to go on if you have gotten this far, but I wanted to share what I felt and what I've been thinking about this past week. I will be posting some of my art soon for the groups I participate in. Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: