Wednesday, May 24, 2006

journaljunk entry: Art Brain Overload!

Art Brain... I love art and feel blessed to see life in a creative way, but the bad part of it is that I often lack focus. There are SO many fun things to learn through art sites, memes, etc., not to mention great inspiration on flickr, but sometimes my brain goes on overload! I need to slow down and focus a bit. It's hard to do b/c it all looks so fun! Do you ever feel like this? If so, how do you focus your artwork?
I also want to say thankyou to those artists who responded before on how they approach their artwork: plan vs. no plan. It was SO helpful and VERY interesting to read/hear your responses. I also gathered that it is a common thing for artists to keep an "idea"/inspiration book. I will start to do so, I think this will really help! thank you SO much! --Lia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

heehee, you are so clever. I like how you did this and you have great handwriting! Mine looks like a doctors, lol.
a.

FAQ said...

I so understand. I had a critique by Lesley Riley at Art and Soul in Dallas and we talked about how I need to focus. Today she emailed an article to me and suggested a book that would help with this. I would love to share that email with you. Just jot me a line and I will forward it to you.
Lesley

Joy Eliz said...

Yes! I do get Meme overload sometimes. I've just recently decided to participate on a sliding scale. Which is basically how I am feeling on the 'overload' scale.:)
Relax, enjoy your art and don't comment back:) You need some you time:)

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

OH, you all are such sweeties! you touch my heart! :) talk soon!!!!!

Judy Scott said...

Its easy to get carried away, & its hard when youre a mum and maybe working aswell - its not always possible to create on demand eg. do your creating once the children are in bed or at school, thats why I have always kept my sketch books/inspiration books. That way if I do have time to create, and my brain wont function, I go to my books and it usually triggers previous thoughts. There are so many new challenges and techniques to learn, Ive had to be hard on myself and just focus on a couple instead and maybe just do one every 2 weeks. That way you can still keep contact with everyone and its not so intense. Lia here I go again, sorry I do go on abit.
Dont be hard on yourself it should always be fun (which yours always looks) and hopefully that email will help it sounds interesting, big hug Judy

Anonymous said...

i totally can relate too. i have the 'focus' issue too. let me know if you find a great system. i'm still trying different approaches :)