Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Book of Dreams~Pocket Page

Book of Dreams~Pocket Page Wow. I'm having fun with this. I haven't made a pocket in a journal or book before and always wanted to know how. ArtsyMama showed us 3 or 4 variations on her website for this week's tutorial on our "book of dreams" altered book project. For more info, check ...

ArtsyMama's Blog. She is providing lots of inspiration and excellent links. I picked this one as I found it to be the easiest (lol) and figured I could punch a few brads in and I'd be done. Then I could get to the fun part: painting and covering my pockets!!! I used some things today from my collage pack that I bought from Lynnette April' "Over the Moon Art". Check out her link on my sidebar. (both the quote and paper are from the pack). Then I painted the other side with one of my new acrylic paints. I went and got some new colors b/c I was getting bored with my art journal pages. I picked some way out there one's I wouldn't normally use, but I love this turquoise color. I like the folk art paints. Good for my budget too. lol. Anyhow, I decided to slip in a few tags that my daughters made for me a few months ago. I had them saved up in box. That is why I chose the little girls. Anyway, off I go. Gotta get back to "reality", but I can't wait to come back to my book of dreams! Your comments/questions are always welcome.LK :)
P.S. I am using a small flip photo album book with black pages. I picked these up at dollar tree a while back. I like the size, weight of the pages and the fact that it's something I can play with and not be "afraid" of...

3 comments:

Kari said...

I LOVE this!! Great work:) Love the colors too. So glad to hear you're having fun. That's what it's all about!

etre-soi said...

It is beautiful :) can't wait to start on mine but I have to wait 'till saturday :-( This is going to be greattttttttt :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lia, its me Lynnette April. I love your book. Everyone should start a book of dreams. You have inspired me to do one for myself. Love the pockets you've done. The brads look great. I love the flowered wall paper to. I'm going to try the pocket page. Your Dream book is beautiful!!! Hugs Lynnette April.