Friday, April 28, 2006

B.O.D. ~"Be a STAR"

artjunkgrl's book of dreams~ *Be a Star*

don't quit until you get it....

--This is one of my first attempts at doing the crayon/color pencil technique that nancy baumiller describes on her blog, (see my sidebar). I know it's a
Teesha Moore phenom, boy, is she ever amazing, and the tutorial on her site is the bomb, she is so cool. I just love all these cool artists, they make arting so much fun! you have to have the skills though to put all the stuff down first and then color. I'm too impatient for that...LOL....and I don't quite do the pencil thing right. I scribble too much, I'm not methodical, I'm like the 40 year old who always colored in the lines because I was told too, but had the scribble mind with a zillion other things I wanted to glue down and add it...lol... I prefer paint markers, but not the smell, so I'm trying to use them less often or in good venilation since I'm sensitive to that kind of stuff. Anyhow, this is in my book of dreams. my goal in this book is to be free flow and try all the techniques I've been wanting to...now, if I could find more images I like...still workin' on that. sometimes I get bored with the same one's...comment if you have any suggestions and happy arting. I just love arting around!!!! Have a great weekend all!!!!

2 comments:

Francesca said...

What a cool piece, I do enjoy Teesha Moore's stuff, I'll have to check out that workshop.
A fab idea to have a dream book to do anything you want in, must start one myself! You're giving me so many ideas here :D

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

Thank you Nancy and Francesca! Francesca--I would love to see you do a dream book! I love your work!!!~Lia