Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday: "The Red Couch" through the test of "TIME"

 This red couch has been in our family for years. It now resides in my living room, passed down from my Mom. It was often the place we sat for family photos. My favorite of course is the one with my Dad holding my sister and I. Another is of my family and my sisters after marriage and kids. That was taken several years ago when the children were young and my Dad was alive. My daughter and her best friend pose in their homecoming dresses, there are many more, although many of our family pictures now are taken in my family room. When my Mom moved out of our childhood home, she gave me the "red couch". I reluctantly accepted. First because it was not my my husbands favorite and also because I also associate much childhood chiding of, "don't play in the living room" and "don't sit on the couch and moosh the pillows" or "watch that vase". I swore I would not have a "formal living room", but here I am...it sits in a room by itself and I do catch myself yelling, "don't RUN in the living room". LK Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lauri said...

I have a red couch, also. I really like people who have red couches! I love red couches, and think people should use more red in decorating, but most people are just too timid.

Anonymous said...

That couch is cool. IT looks Victorian or something.

Neat.

Otter said...

I love your sofa and the story that goes with it. Defintely telling it's own story for generations, making it's own statement! Something constant in the ever changing favric of your life.