Monday, March 27, 2006

Getting my artjunk organized! Some great links for you!

I am totally lovin' this The Organized Studio CD I bought from Vickie Enkoff's site! I am at a point where things are getting a little "out of control" in my art space. I have read ALOT of organizing books over the years and I love that this one is focussed on the art studio. I've gotten alot of great ideas here and am looking forward to reading more. It's really motivating me. I'm really excited about finding this site. I found out about it from BeX Arts. BeX is a mixed media artist. Don't miss her website, it's really well developed and easy to navigate through. Check out her artwork and great links. There is also a great tutorial on art journalling backgrounds. I just love the credit card technique. Now I save all the one's that come in my "junk" mail. They spread the paint beautifully and quickly and I take the card (as learned in an altered book club class) and spread the remainder on a few tags for later use. This has been a great thing to learn for me as I tend to use too much paint. It's quick and easy and fun. Now I'm off to write in my art journal before I go visit my mom in hosp. This will be surgery no. 5 for her injured leg. I was up all night worrying about it. This too shall pass. She is really over the worse.
more soon. :)LK

No comments: