Monday, March 20, 2006

at home with artjunk~


I've been on a cleaning/organizing spree lately. I kept busy this weekend doing things around the house and spending much needed time with my family at home.
My Mom has been in hosp./rehab for a broken leg and serious wound from an accident in Jan. I am her only family here so she depends on me to be there all the time. I want to be there for her as much as I can, but often feel stretched between her and my family. I am worn down from the whole bit, but I'm trying to stay hopeful and use my time the best I can when I'm at home. When life is crazy like this, I use the energy to kinda get things in order around here so they work better when I'm not home and when I am home. I kinda get this spring cleaning bug every year anyway. I am now setting up another little "studio" off of my kitchen in addition to the desk I have upstairs in my room. I do my daily "art journalling there" and like being close to the kids. At night I sometimes spend time at my desk while my hubby is watching tv or whatever. The plan is to make it easy for me to kind of work in bits. That is the only way I can do art: incorporate it into my life somehow. I haven't quite figured out what I'm keeping upstairs and down here and I also need to hang some stuff over my desk. The pic above is my "work in progress". I am now in the organizing phase. I'm also doing some tags and art journalling as I go along. It's been nice to organize it all so I can grab the journal I do MMM in, etc. SO, this is what I did these last few days:
---started setting up art area off of kitchen
---my daughter painted and covered her own art journal in the pic above. she was doing this while I was setting up my area, She made a "makeshift" studio of her own in the middle of the kitchen to emulate her mom. She's my youngest. All my kids are creative. I love watching what they will do next. :)
---I covered an old magazine holder with my big lots toile contact paper. I need to corral my somerset studio mags. I have lots of magazines. They are very hard for me to let go of, although I occassionally weed through and get rid of maybe one or two....LOL.
---I also framed a collage I made and hung (photo above). I've never framed and hung anything I've made so this was a suprise. It kind of goes with some things I have over in the "corner". We'll see if I keep it there. I have this thing about looking at my own art long term. I can only do it for a bit and then I put it away. I guess I'll have to check and see what Julia Cameron says about that (Artist's Way). I'm sure there is some weird reason why. LOL. I also have some things to post on the AW and will do so soon. :)LK

No comments: