Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Artist's Date

I've been so excited to share my artist's date with all my fellow AWB's but Blogger really did a number on my site this weekend! At least it taught me to save my template! I had finally figured out how to link the BAW and MMM badge with the site and then it got wiped out!
Anyhow, I was trying to post my "almost complete" Quilted Memory that I made in a class with a woman I greatly admire, Lesley Riley,author of QuiltedMemories. As chance would have it, I heard through a friend that she was going to give a class in my area. I was so thrilled! It was an amazing class and she is indeed an amazing artist and teacher! I feel so blessed to have had this chance to not only meet her, but spend a day amongst many other talented women as well. I chose to make my first Quilted Memory Quilt with a photo of my Mother when she started out as a Seamstress. Those of you that have been here know of her and how important she is to me. Here it is...I'll be posting soon on AW and I will be getting to my desk to make some more tags shortly! It's been quite a week! I need to fit in more art time as it makes me so happy and able to give more of myself to others! LK

No comments: