Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Self Portrait TUES. Personal History---"My Mother, Myself"




How could I possibly do a PH Month without including my MOTHER?

Ironically, the picture of me on the left is from a unpublished SPT from last month. The picture of my Mom on the right is in Greece in the early 1950's.

My favorite thing (other than her graceful smile) is her SHADES!!! That was something considering she grew up in the Greek mountainside along side 5 brothers and 2 sisters. She had some style going on there in the "old country"! She was so determined at a young age. She taught herself to sew and became a seamstress. Even though she is in her late 70's now, I still see her like this: young, invincible, and determined. I take her for granted at times, she exasperates me, but she will always be my MOTHER and for that I am grateful. LK

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet tribute to your mother. and I like her shades too! my husband just came back home from Greece and showed me photos he took so it was easy for me to picture your mother there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you two look so much alike!

Andy Hunter said...

echoing Krista, what a resemblance!